2015 World University Games
Coach Long, Lance, Albert, Kelsey, and Kody along with Team USA Taekwondo at the 2015 World University Games opening ceremony.
2015 National Championships
After several demos this summer, Team-M members and coaches parted separate ways this past week to compete in 2 biggest competitions of this year. Despite being thousands of miles apart, both groups managed to stay in touch throughout the week and finished strong at the 2015 US Nationals in Austin, Texas and Summer World University Game in Gwangju, Korea after 7 days of intense competitions.
In Korea, our pairs (Kelsey/Kody) had the strongest finish ever for Team USA in this division (6th), while our male team (Lance/Albert/Kody) came one place shy of making Finals and finished 9th. Meanwhile, back in the US, all Team-M members and coaches, who competed at US Nationals have qualified for USA Poomsae Team Trials coming up in Colorado next month. Along with Team-M, several of our community athletes through the Stanford University Taekwondo poomsae program have also accomplished great results throughout the event. Congratulations to the following winners from US Nationals and good luck to all at team trials next month!
• Youth Male Individual: GOLD (Kasey*)
• Cadet Female Individual: BRONZE (Sharlene*), 5th/bowed-out (Anna)
• Cadet Pairs: BRONZE (Sharlene / Jake*)
• Cadet Female Team: GOLD (Anna / Sharlene / Isabella*)
• Junior Female Individual: 5th (Trina and Aleena*)
• Junior Male Individual: 5th (Tyler and Kenneth*)
• Junior Pairs: GOLD (Trina / Tyler), BRONZE (Jamie / Kenneth)
• Junior Female Team: GOLD (Trina / Jamie* / Aleena)
• Junior Male Team: GOLD (Tyler / Khoa / Kenneth)
• Senior 1 Male Individual: BRONZE (Coach Huy)
• Senior 2 Male Individual: GOLD (Coach Anh)
Special thanks to Master Mun (ATC), Master Olson (El Dorado Hills TKD), and Master Avila (Elite Taekwondo) for the partnerships and providing our athletes with great opportunities to collaborate together.
* Jamie (Elite TKD / Team-M)
* Kenneth (ATC / Team-M)
* Aleena and Sharlene (EDHTKD / Team-M)
* Isabella (Stanford TKD)
* Jake and Kasey (ATC / Stanford TKD)